So I just wanted to talk about a campaign I was recently introduced. The campaign called ‘I Can Never Be Too Much’ is for design house Georg Jensen and stars five strong females who have defied conventions and risen to the tops of their industries. A completely different approach to design brand advertising – it’s so revitalising to see a campaign video with a serious message as opposed pouts and poses.
I think this Georg Jensen campaign is particularly significant at this moment in time – with the current news such as Donald Trump’s presidential reign and the on-going fight for equal wages as well as many other problems us women face all over the world due to simply being stereotyped not as ‘able’ as men. Which is completely false obviously.
Whilst researching into this campaign I also found out some interesting facts that you guys might want to take in:
- Women are TOTALLY underrepresented in Parliament and Government – although 2016 is the record number for women in UK government, still only 29% are women. Pretty poor for a ‘record number’.
- Women on average comprise about 30% of the workforce at the world’s largest tech companies, including Google, Microsoft, Twitter and Facebook.
- Women are far more likely to be the victims of human trafficking – a HUGE 80% are girls.
- Female soldiers face rape and harassment – between one fifth and one half of female veterans were sexually harassed while on active duty, and women are more likely to leave with PTSD from rape than from actual fighting
- Women overall are at a greater risk of rape and domestic violence – In fact, women between the ages of 15 and 44 are at a greater risk of experiencing rape or domestic violence than cancer, car accidents, war or malaria, according to the World Bank. And as much as 70% of women worldwide experience violence during their life.
Lets RAISE these percentages of women in the workplace, reduce the percentages of rape, trafficking and abuse (altogether – it’s just as abominable for a man to go through that) and start making the world more aware that men and women are EQUAL and just as ABLE as each other. Let’s make more campaigns like Georg Jensen’s viral and show everyone these incredible women doing these ‘usually’ stereotyped ‘man-orientated’ jobs. These strong woman have showed that you can defy conventions and rise to the top of your game!